Hibbing, MN • February 4, 2019
- MacRostie Art Center invited six makers to exhibit in the gallery – that’s 75% of makers who had items for sale in the Holiday Marketplace! One maker, a 10-year-old girl, completely sold out at the Holiday Makerspace. Another, Gary Liubakka was asked to have a gallery showing of his art in 2020!
- 23 makers and artists listened to the MN Discovery Center’s (MDC) Challenge. Director Donna Johnson challenged individuals to create quality items for the MDC gift shop, from souvenirs to prints of artwork, preferrably reflective of the region. IRM is taking appointments for makers and artists to present their products to MDC on April 4.
- Three makers are designing and building a new propane forge.
- IRM orientations are now by appointment; please call ahead.
- Knitting group resumed on the second Wednesday of each month. Plenty of yarn, needles, and crochet hooks have been donated and are available without charge.
- IRM recycling efforts go beyond paper, cans, and bottles. Car oil is collected and used for heating, off site. Sawdust has been used to make fire starters and maintain outhouses at a local camp, yet more is available!