Hibbing, MN • April 1, 2019
- One member built an “Avalanche” or snow removal system for his roof.
- Other members worked on frozen gas lines, brakes, tires, and more. At one point, there were four vehicles in the Fabrication Shop!
- IRM has been creating events and searching Facebook for craft, art and maker fairs. There are now 40+ MN events posted under “more” “events” on Charlotte Hanegmon’s Facebook page.
- Makers and artists brought in handmade items to be auctioned at the “17th Annual Fiesta FUNdraiser” April 8 at St Joseph’s Church in Grand Rapids. Makers set the minimum bid on each item for the silent auction and will receive 50% of the closing bid.
- Over 20 people have produced works for the MN Discovery Center (MDC) CHALLENGE to create retail items for MDC to sell in their gift store.
- Items in the IRM retail store run from $5 key chains to furniture and $1,700 works of art; everything is custom made by members.
- One of our makers has progressed on the design work to build a new cab and box for a Model T truck.
- Another member became first time entrepreneur when she rebuilt and refinished an oak desk which is now for sale in the IRM lobby.